RE: AW: Behringer FCB 1010 or Digital Music Ground Control?

I have a Nobels MF-2 which is very flexible and has a lot of features,
and seemed to be good bang for the buck. I would not recommend this
unit, however, as it is no longer distributed in the US, the battery is
stupidly soldered in, and judging from the comments online it has poor
build quality.

That said I was very happy with it in studio, until the moment when the
light indicating impending battery replacement came on. That sent me
looking for alternatives. I do intend to have a service tech replace the
battery and perhaps beef up the jack supports (one of the complaints).
If anyone can recommend someone to do this in the Philadelphia area, I'm
all ears.

I've seen the All Access and it is amazing, but as noted very expensive.
I read a fair amount about the FCB1010, saw too many negative comments
about reliability, and began to look at the Rocktron MIDIMate. This unit
is well made and very easy to program, but appears to be less flexible
than the FCB. I'd be curious if anyone can share any experience with
both FCB and MIDIMate.

Hal Dean