RE: Re: Mobius Beta 7 Available

Hmmm....
I couldn't find "The Hidden UnroundedMultiplyReverse Function" in the EDP
manual:
http://www.gibsonechoplex.com/EchoplexPlusManual12.pdf

but in the LoopIVGuide:
http://www.aurisis.com/products/loopIV/LoopIVGuide.pdf

The paragraph reads:
The Hidden UnroundedMultiplyReverse Function
In LoopIII the limitation with Multiply cross functions that forced us to
do
them Unrounded resulted in one function
that some users liked. If Mutliply was going and overdubs were being made
over the top, ending with a single button
press of Reverse immediately changed the length of the loop to that point
and instantly put the resulting
UnroundedMultiply into reverse. This was an interesting use, but after we
made the improvements that allowed us to do
Multiply cross functions Rounded it was only possible by doing two button
presses. (With two button presses, you do it
like this: end Multiply with Reverse, then press Record during the Rounding
period to set the new loop length and
immediately have it in reverse.)
So for the user who lost this favorite function, we found a way to give it
back to him. It is a little bit obscure in
operation, so bear with us. Set MoreLoops to some number greater than 1.
Set
SwitchQuantize on to Confirm. (any
quantizing value works, but it is easiest with Confirm.) Record your basic
loop in Loop 1. Press NextLoop. You will
go into the "Confirming" state, where it waits for another function press
before it goes into the next loop. Press
Multiply down and hold it down. This will immediately put you into the next
loop, copying the audio from the first
loop. Overdub as much as you want over multiples of your first loop. When
you are ready, release Multiply. The loop
in Loop 2 will immediately stop copying, reset the loop length to that
point, and go into Reverse! So there is the old
UnroundedMultiplyReverse function, now properly called
NextUnroundedSUSMultiplyReverse.
When InsertMode is equal to SUS, this function is disabled in favor of the
usual UnroundedMultiply SUS function.

So after all, it's worth reading the LoopIV guide alongside the EDP manual.
I always thought the LoopIV guide was fully integrated into the most recent
EDP manual...

Bernhard