Re: All-Laptop live?

At 01:55 AM 3/9/2005, Travis Hartnett wrote:
>This all sounds very interesting--do you have any mustic posted?

Thanks Travis!  I gotta get some more recent material up, 'cause I've not
anything that shows off the new setup yet.  It seems everytime I'm being
"brilliant" I don't have the recorder on, and every time the recorder's on
I'm nothing but crap...  :D

I do actually have one or two things online at http://www.m3ch.net/5.html
.  For one, there's a Quicktime clip that was taken of one of my solo
laptop performances at http://www.m3ch.net/downloads/WellspringV.mov
although it has nothing to do with Looping, per se.

All standard disclaimers apply.  You can ignore the visual aspect, as it's
utterly throwaway (it's just me on a stage hunched over a laptop --
bleh!).  My wife hasn't yet taken the time to strip off just the audio --
she's the one who recorded and transferred the video -- or else I'd post
that alone.  Sorry for the huge filesize (17Mb).

That performance was done during the evening's Bardic Circle at a Druid
Gathering -- essentially the "open mic night" of the
get-together.  Typically, these things are full of nothing but Celtic
folktunes, Pirate shanties, and bad poetry readings, so I decided to
quickly throw something together that would provide a more electric
counterpoint to the normally granola-crunchy fare.

And further down that same webpage you'll also find some links to one of
the live recordings I've done with MEME (Midwest Experimental Music
Ensemble).  This particular performance is one we gave out in Cleveland
last August, and parts of it do actually feature some Looping.  While it's
not solo work, I think fully 3/4th's of the group are on the LD list here.

At least mebbe this proves that I occasionally do something other than
talk
about how to configure gear (hey I even wonder myself, sometimes...).  ;)

         --m.

_____
"i want to reach my hand into the dark and *feel* what reaches back"
                                                 -recoil