Re: All-Laptop live?

On Mar 7, 2005, at 1:12 PM, mwsmart@insightbb.com wrote:
> to having Reaktor going, it would be cool to incorporate the B4 into
> it too,
> so I could do one-man organ trio stuff. But then I gotta bring a
> keyboard....

so does this mean that we can have a duel of the looping organ trios?

Me on my Hammond C2, Liberation, and PCM-80 with the drums and guitar
of the Suit & Tie Guy Band, and you on the other side of the stage with
your laptop, custom-design Reaktor patches and highly-modified guitars.

we'll play isaac hayes and gay synth pop tunes and you can play "four
on six". we will counter with "summertime" in dub, you will fire back
with something that requires more skill to play, such as "lazy bird".
this pattern will continue until everyone at the event leaves.

if i get desperate, and feel there is no hope ... i may play "my funny
valentine" in the Jimmy Smith style with LH melody and RH chords.

there will be no man left standing when our duel of the organ trios is
complete. at the end of the gig, we will both get paid standard jazz
gig money: 5 dollars from the bar and 2 drink tickets.

how about somewhere between Peoria and Champaign, like The Yankee
Doodle in Bloomington or perhaps the Farmer City VFW?

We can assemble a non-partisan judging committee of jazz organists,
loopers, Donny Heitler, and the whole Bridgewater family to judge the
event.

If you win, i'll give you my GR-300 so you can turn it into a second
Moog Modular controller for Pogo Studios. If i win, you have to fix my
GR-300 and give it back to me.

so let me know when you get that keyboard going and we can have the
central IL jazz cutting contest of the century.
---
Eric Williamson
www.suitandtieguy.com