RE: EDP Glitches?

Hi ronan

first thing to say is dont woory  too much.

im my experiances the edp is a glitchy but resiliant unit, it messes up
quite a lot but  the problems are nearly always fixable without tech help.

if the glitch that you are talking about is a loud noise that happens NOT
on
the output of the direct signal and NOT when the unit is played through
but
without a loop actuve, but DOES glitch when you make a loop, even when
there
is no instrument level going to the input. I think i know what might be up

its the D-A convesion of the signal where the loop rejoins the input on
the
output path.

this can be solved by opening up the unit after discharging satic from
yourself and the unit (look on the web if you dont know the procedures to
acomplish this) then look inside for the large square grey/black  block on
the bottom left of the board. press firmly but carefully on the side
square
(the outside is the houseing) do this in a very quiet place and listen for
pinging combing sound this is the feet of the chip relocating into place.

hope this works for you, did for me!!

just to mantion though, no comebacks, do at your own risk! but it is easy
do and low risk in my opinion.

Phill

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger