EDP Glitches?

I borrowed a buddies EDP and since I got it, it has been getting
glitches in the loop. He never really used the EDP so it has not been
beat up on the road or anything.

Does any one know what might cause glitches in an Gibson EDP with
Loop4? I have removed all the possible variables and it comes down the
EDP generating the noise. Since it becomes part of the loop, it is not
on output. I have also run test being very conservative with levels, so
it is not related to digital overs. This happens anytime I have been
playing for at least 5 or 10 minutes.

If any one has any ideas I would love to hear them. Below is a link to
a sample of the problem in two of my tests with very different content.

http://www.venetowest.com/EDPglitches.mp3

Ronan Chris Murphy
www.venetowest.com (Production & mixing: King Crimson, Chucho Valdes,
Steve Morse, Terry Bozzio, CGT...)