grants (was: Re: Zürich Loopfest 2005)

On Mar 2, 2005, at 17:12, jan wrote:

> Hi Per,
>
> Im looking into grants myself, and tough i live in Norway there might
> be similarities to where and how to apply.

Each one with it's own traditions for taking care of its internal
cultural affairs. However, international funds reach over national
borders.

> Is there a special organisation you are applying to? Most of the
> grants i have found here (norway) are difficult to get access to if
> you not already are a professional musician.

That's how it is here as well. The truth is that there are more funds
you can apply to than you might think before looking into it. There are
books with listings and you can do internet search on the subject. Some
funds are very specific and you might suddenly find that you fit in
with their regulations.

Also commercial corporations can sponsor music and art. I found a good
partner here locally that teamed up with me because we both work along
the same philosophy. I make music while they educate organisational
leaders; we both have to be extremely clear about our output but at the
same time being prepared to throw it all away and start over from
scratch. In (improvised) music and business you never know what
tomorrow will look like or if your "best darlings" will even be usable
in a future situation. Nothing is automatically in the loop since we
are only players and do not control all the delete buttons. But as
networking (musically or business-wise) humans we will always create
new buildings, whatever happens to the one we're presently occupying.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
---
http://www.looproom.com (international)