RE: the impermanence of looping

I love it!!!  The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle applied to recording
music.....analogically, this would mean that when recording you can
observe (record) some variable X, but not variable Y, or visa versa -
same as being able to measure the velocity of a particle but not its
mass, or visa versa.

It's interesting that people apply this principle to more behavioral
settings, when the Hawthorn Effect is probably more appropriate, where
individual behaviors may be altered because they know they are being
studied or observed....in this case recorded. That seems more fitting
than trying to apply a principle of unobservable physics. Of course, it
doesn't sound as cool as the "Heisenberg Principle", which seems to have
slipped into popular media, like Joan of Arcadia, etc.

Yes, record everything....I like that, like a perpetual musical journal.
:)  Hey, how about Entangled looping parts?  We split a loop, after
which it becomes an entangled (coupled) system....we change the state of
one loop and the other loop change its state instantaneously.  For
example, if you transpose one loop down an octave, the other transposes
up.  This sound like a job for the Vortex to me.  Hmmmmmm......

K-