RE: PERCUSSIONISTS who loop in public

<snip>

I'm on your list Rick, but can't say that I'm doing percussion looping at
this point. It's something I'd like to experiment with though when I get
the time, since I play percussion in a brazilian/latin group on the side.
I'll experiment with messing around with it on my own as a solo thing
when I can get Live setup to work readily with a foot controller for
looping on multiple tracks. When I'm looping it's mostly to capture
guitar and vocals with another group I'm actually doing looping with.

I do capture some percussion loops from the drummer at the begin of one
song we do, to build up a groove. I just use Ableton Live and keep
everything quantized to a measure usually. I like using Live's resonator
plug-in on percussion loops to pull out different pitches within the
percussive sounds to match or contrast the key and harmonies that the
rest of the band is playing.

Cheers,
Michael