RE: Staying in sync with a drum machine when using half speed and reverse

At 05:21 AM 11/3/2003, goddard.duncan@mtvne.com wrote:
> >>i always thought that was a superior feature of the EDP to the
> Repeater. because
>the Repeater doesn't quantise for shit, half-speed and reverse were
>useless to me.<<
>don't want to start a fight or anything- maybe your experiences with the
>repeater were with an early version or something, but I've had no
>with reversing and changing speed. in fact, it's quite entertaining the
>way the repeater tries to get back in sync. it definitely gets there
>eventually though,

He was talking about quantizing, not synchronizing. Different things. The
echoplex has the option where functions can be quantized to the loop
cycle points, or cycle subdivisions. Or they can be executed instantly.
Repeater didn't have that option.

If you are synchronizing to a clock, having functions like reverse
quantized makes life a lot easier.