cover article on looping and more

Hey gang, I was really proud that our looping tour and the looping scene
in general was the cover article of the local METRO SANTA CRUZ.

If anyone is interested, here is the whole article:

http://www.metroactive.com/papers/cruz/01.22.03/looping-0304.html

Please forgive all the hyperbola about Santa Cruz being the center of the
looping universe...............it embarasses me, but as a shameless
promoter
for looping in general and music and art in general,  it tickles me pink
that we got such incredible mention.

also, I hope I didn't already post this (man am I tired after all the
driving from this tour, I can't even imagine how Steve feels since he has
been touring relentlessly since
August and still has two more weeks to go in the US),
I recieved this letter from the Mayor of Santa Cruz after she had come to
present
INTERNATIONAL LOOPING DAY proclamations to Andre, Steve, Bill and myself at
the wonderful
Cayuga Vault show.  If I already posted it, please forgive my enthusiasm.

"Dear Rick,

Thanks so much for allowing me to participate in your concert last night.
The music was wonderful and the spirit of the crowd was such an example of
the spirit of Santa Cruz.

I realized as I was driving home that what you are doing is what will
change
the world. We all need to follow suit, one note at a time, one conversation
at a time: be IN the moment, IN the present, with joy and love.

I've been reading a book called "The Path of Least Resistance" The author
is
a pianist, a composer, who many years ago began trying to understand how
the
creative process works. He points out that one of fundamental principles of
the universe is that energy follows the path of least resistance, that that
path is determined by its underlying structure AND most importantly when
you
change the underlying structure you change the path. Last night I saw the
three of you do that: laying down the underlying structure, listening to it
and to
one another and flowing with the energy of your musical river.

Thank you...and keep it up! You're holding the planet together!

Love,
Emily"