Re: LD member spotted in NYT

On 10/20/02 9:41 AM, "Cino" <CinoPolnesi@att.net> wrote:

> Congratulations to list member Todd Reynolds for the very nice article
>about
> his "band" (or is it really a string quartet?) in Saturday's New York
>Times!
>
> No mention of looping, but still good to see a familiar name there.

Dear Maestro Cino and all of my LD list compatriots,

I just returned from a month in Palermo, Sicily, where I discovered that
EVERYONE who has spent serious time studying their musical craft is
bestowed
with the title of maestro, not just me (I was conducting a new opera
there).
So I have a new way to bestow my own respect for my colleagues.  Never
quite
got that it was that way there.  Very old school...

In any case, just got off the plane last Sunday in time to do the Steve
Reich dates at Brooklyn Academy of Music here in NYC, and JUST joined the
list again yesterday to find your welcome acknowledgement.  Many thanks
from
me and from ethel for the mention.  And no, no looping sign except for the
mention of phil kline, composer.  Tonite at sonic boom at the knitting
factory, we'll be doing a very little bit of looping using line6 pedals in
his piece "svarga yatra"  HOWEVER!  next week we'll be premiering his new
piece, "the blue room" with lots o' looping therein, and probably some more
in some quartet improvisations over the three nights we're there...

Here are the two links for those things...   And one more if you're
interested in checking out the opera.  There is one guy over there who is
doing some really nice stick work through a roland rc-20, is that right?
Very simple and effective pedal.  He was the sound-designer for the opera.
His name is Maurizio, and I hope he'll join our community soon.  It'll be
good for his english and our italian.

Once again, happy to be back on internet soil with you all, and wow, I
really missed my gear, too... Good to be back. Word has it that I might be
father soon too, to an orville!  anyone got anything to say before I get
married to one?  Italo?

Best to all,

todd

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/10/20/arts/music/20SMIT.html