Re: fripp looper o o loop

zvonar@zvonar.com writes:

>We were discussing this yesterday at our ACF Tech Salon. Peter
>Freeman uses the Switchblade and it does work for his particular
>needs,
>but the question of visual feedback IS critical for those who
>use arbitrary signal routing as part of their performance strategy.
that's exactly why i don't use a switchblade..... i want a) a visual rep.
of
signal flow, and b) faders/knobs/etc to manipulate same.
obviously, b) is somewhat addressable via a 'moving'-faders type of
midi-command-station, but, visually.....
so:
i continue w/analog mixers.

>raised that question and Peter said that there IS PC-based software
>for the Switchblade that gives a graphic display of the routing.
great, if you're in a 'writing'/studio situation; not so great, if ya
don't
want to/can't drag an add'l laptop around.....
best,
dt / s-c