Re: EDP Hardware Interface

So, basically you agree with me.

The interface on the EDP DOESN'T give you the ability to do things that you
CAN do if you use ANOTHER interface -- namely a MIDI controller of some
kind.

Take away the Musical Information Digital INTERFACE -- and you're not going
to accomplish what you can WITH one.

Let me put it another way...

It's easy pretty easy to RECORD, OVERDUB, MULTIPLY, INSERT, MUTE, UNDO and
do NEXTLOOP...  And in a few places, one can replace one capability for
another -- For example INSERT can be swapped for REVERSE.  That's what's
accessible from the hardware interface on the EDP.

And, in many, many ways that's A LOT!

But what I'm getting at is the true power of the EDP is in the software --
thanks to the ongoing development work of the guys at AURSIS.  Yes, maybe
the new pre-sets capability -- one I remember talking to Kim about many
many
many moons ago -- will help me, as I don't inhabit a MIDI world.

But, take away yer MIDI controller, and your back to RECORD, OVERDUB,
MULTIPLY, INSERT, MUTE, UNDO and NEXTLOOP pretty damn quick...  (Or am I
missing something really embarrassingly obvious about the EDP.... :-)   )

David