Re: OT:Re: Sony VAIO and laptop workstations in general

be careful though. I think I read that once you do that you can't go back
without reinstalling windows. ACPI manages a lot of stuff that laptops
care
about, like sleep modes, waking, battery monitoring and charging, disk
spin
down, CPU speed step, screen brightness, temperature/fans, etc. When ACPI
was new people had that stuff in both modes in the BIOS, although much
more
is possible with ACPI. Now that ACPI has been the required default for a
few years, the "old" code in the BIOS may have fallen into neglect, and
your laptop might not work very much like a laptop anymore if you turn
ACPI
off. You might not care if you just plug it in all the time and use it
like
a desktop.
kim