RE: Request help and advice on simple EDP process...

At 5:03 PM -0800 3/30/02, Gary Lehmann wrote:

>the 1600x ...does not *do* note off info.

Note OFF = Note ON with a Velocity value of 0, so the 1600 should be
able to do it as long as it allows setting velocity.

>after subsequent MIDI messages, it reads the message as a short press,

This makes sense. I'm guessing at this, but I assume the EDP is
responding serially to MIDI note messages. When a certain Note On is
received, if that Note On is associated with a parameter that
responds to Long Press, the EDP "watches" for a Note Off for that
same note. If it receives a Note On for a different parameter it
automatically drops out of that "ready-for-Note Off" state.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202