RE: foot switch noise

Are these metal switches momentary like on the Digitech FS300 or do they
make a click caused by engaging and disengaging the switch?  I guess the
best of both worlds would be a sturdy metal mechanism with
plastic/graphite, etc. dampers eliminating the noise.  Probably a $50
switch! :-)

P.S. Thanks to everyone who has made comments about the EDP
footcontroller.  I have found everyone's comment extremely helpful.