Looping with EDP

I have read the EDP manual, which just seems to be a reference manual
describing each function of the EDP and I have found it difficult to
envision how I would use this live.  There aren't any suggestions about
signal routing, types of effects that you can accomplish, etc.  I have
seen some of the tips stuff on the loopers-delight site, but they seem
to be more like nice ideas and cool things to try, rather than the hows
and whys.  Is there some place that I can go to learn more about this?

Thanks,
Steve