Boss Loop Sampler RC 20?

Hi folks,

although not really new to this list this is my first official post 8). Does anybody have any hands-on experience with the Boss RC 20 (or whatever it is called like)? Seems to be an interesting alternative to an EDP or a Repeater, primarily because of its price. Is it as easy an intuitively to handle as a Jam Man? Or is it just a tool that -- in its application -- is more or less aimed at DJs and that kinda stuff? Can I make use of the whole loop time available, or do I have to chop up these 5.30 minutes into smaller bits?

Anyway, any recommendation for or against it is welcome. I´m fed up with waiting for an affordable Echoplex, let alone a Repeater. TIA,

Stephen.

PS: If anybody cares to know what kind of music I´m busy with, check www.nodular.de
Thanks for looking.