Echoplex Digital Pro - Copy Timing Only Blues

Hi, all:

$%&*#$!

If only one could copy the timing only with NEXTLOOP after recording the
first loop.

It seems like I need to play and record my guitar (with a drum machine
synced to the EDP) to get the first loop down with the proper timing.

The workaround of hitting RECORD then terminating the loop so that the
drum machine is started in sync, then recording successive loops with no
actual recording is, at best, tolerable.

Will the EDP update that I've heard mentioned ever see the light of day?

Regards, Paul