Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2001 10:48 PM
Subject: Making a hihat control pad

Sorry if this is way off topic, but I'm building an electronic drumset.  I've
created a ten pad version of the octa pad and I'm making my own bass drum
trigger.

The thing that has me stumped is the hihat.  Hihat control pedals cost a fare
share of $$$ and my only alternative is a keyboard sustain pedal.  I tried
this, but it is not touch sensitive so there is only one velocity for the
closing hihat sound.  This isn't good.

Does anyone know how I would go about making my own hihat control pedal that
is touch sensitive.  Or someway to make a keyboard sustain pedal touch
sensitive.

Thanks a bunch,
PASCAL