OT: Re: very: Re: "out" is out itself

spgoodman@earthlight.net writes:
>Nope, merely reacting to the kind of closed-mindedness that pervades the
>music biz as some kind of qualification process.  All too easy to think
>of it as one big happy family when one's included perhaps.
please, excuse me; i presume -maybe erroneously- that we
looper'sdelighters
are somehow *all included* in the so-called 'music biz', whether we like
it
or not.....
i'd thunk that most of the ld'ers do one/some/or all of the following:
a) play live
b) publish music on cd, mp3, etc
c) occasionally make some dosh at a) and/or b)
d) etc

<i snipped an already archived wad>

>Simply thinking that I'm downing someone else's opinion because it's
>different than mine is less than open-minded on its own.
or, maybe i misunderstood you? indeed, what i said was:
 "though i think it can be aesthetically 'enlightening', somehow, to allow
oneself to weigh *all* kindsa folks' opinions on things 'artistic', esp.
when
they don't agree w/one's own;"
(note use of phrase 'to ALLOW oneself': i didn't suggest that you were
'downing someone else's opinion'.....)
regardless, i didn't say that *i* had an open mind..... though it sounds
like
a nice ideal.....
*-)

>What I was talking
>about was the way the music biz operates on a level of manditory
>classification, and how many critics in the press act more as promoters
>for that thought process than actual examiners of art.  This aspect is one
>that
>causes us all trouble in getting heard, sold, played, you name it.
>Reacting
>negatively to closed-mindedness and limited thinking, and the selling of
>it as truth, is not in itself closed-minded, folks.  Have a cookie.
indeed, i agree w/you, there.
but, i don't want a cookie, right now.....
(for some strange reason, the tone of your last buncha missives makes my
stomach all knotted..... sigh..... )
best,
dt / S-C