Re: Yamaha 01V

>You will need better pre amp- so much of the sound comes from pre and mic-
>be sure to see if you will need additional analog i/o cards for it- that
can
>get expensive on some systems- don't know about the o1v-

Yeah, I know.  The good thing is, the way my collaborator and I make music,
there are very few acoustic sources (just voice, and acoustic guitar on
occasion)--so that picking up a decent tube mic pre or two (another can of
worms) is not that onerous a proposition.  Everything else is probably
going to be direct.  I will need the ADAT card, which is a couple of
hundred extra, I believe.