Re: Sync SR-16 With Echoplex-- Saga Update

Mike:

>More experimentation.
>
>I press play on the SR-16 and the parameter lights are in sync with the
>kick drum - each light flashes sequentially as the panel freaks out!  The
>MULTIPLE light is red.  Sync is IN.  The BPM of the SR-16 is 106.  EDP is
>set to 8ths.  Anyone have any idea what is happening?  The SR-16 and the
>EDP are set to channel one.

The SR-16 sends out its beats as MIDI notes.
The EDP understands notes as button presses.
So for simple syncing, you have to interrupt that in one of the folowing
ways:
- using different channels (MIDIclock is channel independent)
- setting the EDP MIDI-ControlSource param to Cnt or Off (maybe not
good since you use the PMC)
- switching off the note outs of the SR-16 (possible on HR-16, I remember)

--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org