Re: flexible amplification to loop el. guitars

>> I personally use a GT-5 with speaker simulation, but when I WAS using
>an amp, I found the HK Red Box to be a good sounding, cheap, small and
>simple solution. You can either take the preamp out, or put it between
>the power amp speaker output and the speaker. The new ones don't use
>batteries either... Then there's the good old Sans Amp Classic and GT2.

>-Miko

> hmm... if you imitate the nonlinearities of an amp between the power amp
>speaker output and the speaker instead of using the amp you still get the
>same problem...

I'm talking between the pwr amp and speakers of the **guitar** amp...
(allows you to get all the nuance of the pre-power stages of the amp)
*that* gets the signal out to the board where you can then add time domain
and full-range stuff which then goes on to the pa/full-range speaker
system.

-Miko