Re: R: opinions on analog - USB converters

really?  right now i'm running my sequencer on an old powermac
through a midiman  midi box to my gear.  i've just acquired a new g3
powerbook and was interested in locking it in to my setup.  i'm not
pushing things really hard, but the new USB/Midi interface that i
would need to buy would be of worse performance than my current
setup, by what you are saying?

If this is the case, then what is someone to do?  I would like to
take advantage of the new features offered in current software (which
my old machine can't handle, processor wise), but my new powerbook
doesn't have serial ports...USB seems my only choice...

any advice?

best regards,

rich