repeater question

Concerning recording ambient textures - I'd like to know whether you can
drop immediately into overdub when creating a new loop and setting the loop
boundary, so that any delay or reverb tails will be captured at the
beginning of the loop as it cycles round again. The Jamman won't allow you
to do this - you have to hit tap to set the loop length (which puts you
into
play mode) and then hit tap again to go into overdub mode - thereby
chopping
off any sustaining sounds that may have been playing at the time. The only
way round this on the Jamman is to set up an empty loop first and then
overdub continuously into it - which is a bit of a pain for live use. I've
read the online manual, but I can't seem to find any mention of this. Any
info gratefully received.

Sim

BBC, unless specifically stated.