Re: Doohicky - EBow - Sustainer availability...

There is another way to induce sustain in a guitar and that is by
physically attaching a transducer to a "sweet spot" on the body.  The
signal out from the guitar is split: one to your regular FX/amp, the other
a volume pedal and amp that feeds the transducer.  A fellow on the Chapman
Stick list by the name of "Stick Dragon", aka Arthur Durkee, developed
this system for his Stick.  He calls it the "Infinite Sustain
Feedback System".  Unfortunately, the company that made the transducer no
longer sells them and I have not found any available alternatives.  One
downside of this method is that over use causes the transducer to
get very warm.

-Allan