Re: EVENTIDE.

Hello everybody - Just got back from a lovely trip out in the bay area -saw
the posts concerning Eventide looping-i commited to doing a page for the
site far too long ago discussing the applications of looping with these
machines & im wondering aloud if anyone would be willing to  help html this
piece-(applications of looping -sampling alchemy (looping really became
more useable with this addition)ive worked with a 4000 for nearly 4 rs now
practically everyday -mixing mastering-live perfomances-etc..in short
practically every endeavor involving music-please direct any questions my
way regarding eventides
i am one of these sickos who has done alot of programming with these
amazing machines..and produced remakable results .btw also (predictably)
will be selling my gtr (with full sampling card-alchemy presets etc
-h3000dse -& vortex please inquire if interested ) K

At 01:17 PM 4/25/99 -0400, you wrote:

>>Is
>>there a password or secret handshake or something?
>
>I've got a GTR4000 with no sampler installed so I can only comment on the
>basic unit as a looper. I've also got the Alchemy card, tho, whose manual
>describes some intriguing looping presets for use with the sampler
>card...which BTW is capable of storing multiple samples. I'll copy out a
>few
>of 'em here, from the manual pages in question...but first, my $0.02 on
>the
>secret Eventide handshake (all I have left after joining the club):
>
>(rant begins)
>Initiation fees are of course the first hurdle, but with the advent of
>their
>new super processor (Orville), prices have dropped significantly...by
>around
>$1000 for each 4000 series piece.
>Once you get your rocketship home, and after a few religious experiences
with
>the presets, you'll want to open the control panels and make some of your
>own....ha!
>Programmed a few multiFX in yer day and think you know yer stuff, do ya?
>higher
>math, with a minor in computer programming would be a good start.
>Eventide's
>audio tech guy Scott Gilfix is a total champ, but a solid foundation in
>the
>liberal and fine arts, plus YEARS spent happily and profitably hunched
>over
>the front panels of FX from Ensoniq, Roland, tc, Korg, Lexicon, etc., has
NOT