JamMan RAM misunderstanding...

Below is an exact cut-and-paste copy of an e-mail I sent to the list a few
days ago - please note that the lines beginning with << or > were ones cut
from another e-mail that I was replying to:

<< If anyone on the list is looking to upgrade the RAM in their JamMan, I
might
 have a really cheap source for it.  Last year I finally got around to
trying
 upgrade it and found that suppliers wanted outrageous prices.  I found a
RAM
 dealer that could get it pretty cheap but I had to buy a minimum of 100
chips.
 If there were enough folks interested, I'd consider buying the 100 chips
and
 selling them to you at cost plus shipping.  I think they had told me it
was
 under $10.00 per chip.   It is a 4 chip upgrade, so it would probably be
under
 $40.00, plus shipping.  So if there are 24 other folks out there
interested
in
 this, let me know.  I'll check on pricing and availability again tomorrow.

> I have no interest in making cash on this, just want to upgrade without
getting
 ripped off.

I got mine from http://www.visionsoft.com for $9.95 each + shipping.  If
they
still have them this might save you a lot of hassle.  They were very easy
deal with and very fast.

Ken R

----------------------------

I have been contacted by six people now off-list that they wanted to join
me
on the goal of buying 100 - please note, this was someone else, not me - I
recommend just calling Vision Soft and buying them for $9.95 apiece
youself.
You don't need a lot of people, they'll sell you a set of four for your own
self alone for just under $40 plus shipping.  Really - I got mine from them
and they were very nice and very fast.  Just tell them you're looking for
the
JamMan chips, they know exactly what you need.  Here, I copied this
directly
from their web page:

>Name: VisionSoft
>Address: P.O. Box 4398, Carmel, CA 93921 U.S.A.
>Phone Number: (408)626-2633
>Fax: (408)625-6588
>Email: sales@visionsoft.com
>Homepage: http://www.visionsoft.com
>Methods of Payment: VISA, Master Card, Discover, COD, Cash, Check or Money
>Order
>Shipping Carriers: Airborne Express, Federal Express, UPS & US Postal
>Service

I have no stake in them doing any more business, other than they were very
cool and helpful and I always like to see those sorts of folks do well...

Since so many misunderstood me, I'll take the rap here and apologize for
the
confusion, but please note, if you're looking to join the "100 chip"
purchase
group, I'm not the guy to contact.

Ken R