Re: RE: speaker question again

At 2:40 PM -0800 1/3/99, Marzzz@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 1/3/99 3:38:03 PM, edwin@indra.com writes:
>
>>Yamaha NS10s are really quite crappy sounding speakers. their mids are
>>painful and lows non existent. It really depends on what your goals are.
>
>My understanding of NS10's are that they are crappy sounding, but that a
>mix
>that sounds good on them will sound good on anything anywhere, and somehow
>they became an industry standard.....

That was always my understanding, that the crappiness of these speakers
pretty accurately reflects the crappiness of the typical boombox speaker
that a track will probably be played through. So if you mix something to
sound good on NS10's it probably sounds good in a typical listening
environment, even though the speakers themselves don't qualify as "good".

kim