Re: speaker question again

In a message dated 1/3/99 7:07:43 PM, edwin@indra.com writes:

>To my mind and ear, speakers are the most difficult part of the
>signal chain and thus the most important to really deal with.  You must
>learn the shortcomings of every speaker that you listen to.

My problem is that it takes me several weeks to learn these
shortcomings....I
am trying to find a pair of powered monitors for my studio, and am
considering
Event 20/20's, the Mackies, and the KRK V8's, as well as any other good
suggestions. It is very difficult trying to compare them in Guitar Center,
that's for sure, and it would look kinda funny if you purchase several
sets of
monitors in order to return them two weeks later. Another problem is
discerning what sounds good vs what sounds correct (and reveals flaws) is
difficult to differentiate to my relatively untrained ear.

Marshall