first public loop

well, I performed my first "solo loop" before real people (rather than
a music store demo) on Friday night. I have looped in performance
before, as accompaniment, but this was the first solo. We
were scheduled to play for two hours at the Borders in Ann Arbor,
and as our set is only an hour long, we decided to fill things out
by adding solos at various points. I decided to perform Seascape
from the MST CD. I think that it went well ...

I explained to the audience what I was going to do which they seemed to
enjoy. I quickly got into "head down and focused on the task" mode,
which meant that I didn't get to really see the response. There were
still people sitting out there and a bit of applause as I faded the loop
and we moved into the next part of the set, so I hadn't emptied the
place :-)

The piece mixes somewhat straight Stick Melody end with
synth textures from the GR09 and bass synth textures from the
ME8B and stick melody end processed through the SGX2k and H3k.

OK. so it was only 5 or ten minutes long, but I liked it!

thanks for reading....Pete Gilbert