Re: stereoizing mono loop with vortex

Sean:

Congratulations on your new Vortex...quite simply the most amazing box of
mind boggling space innerds ever devised by deviants in any laboratory.

The LoOpDoctOrs must quibble with your assessment that...

(of course two echoplexen is the right way to stereo loop, but
I can't really justify such a purchase solely to get stereo
looping; although I suspect there's at least one in my future)

There is no "right" way.  We like the twisted, tortured, jerryrigged
approach
to creativity and your post about the accidents that came about as you
massaged your Vortex is a paen to the monstrous fertility that comes when
you
do your corn rituals and sacrifice to the aural god known as VORTEX.

We would not presume to instruct anyone on how to get the "right way" going
as far as stereo fields, however the LoOpdoctOrs will venture that one of
the
more truly "sick" and interesting patches as far as panning and ponging and
bonging is the DUO "click" on the Vortex dial.  Try fooling with Duo and do
get an expression pedal so you can toesy-morph between this and some of
your
other stereo pans.

Incidentally, we really appreicate your understanding that "stereo" isn't
about "left and right" but really about depth of field...like the old
"stereographic" viewers the LoOpdoctOrs used to waste hours of time with as
children.  What true stereo means is three dimensionality and your idea of
notes playing hide and seek across a sound field simply means that you are
one multi-dimensional looping hombre.  We salute you!

Best,
the LoOpDoctOrs