Re: Multi-effects Unit

<<I'm thinking about getting a new multi-effects unit to patch into my
SansAmp PSA-1 preamp and the rest of my looping rig.  I'm currently using a
Peavey ProFex Mark 1.>>
My opinions, with emphasis on outside rather than meat'n'potatoes:
Low end ($100-something): MANY choices....check out the Zoom 1201
Mid (under $1K): Again, MANY options....I'd check Alesis Quad GT, Ensoniq
DP2, Boss GT-5 (my pick...in addition to the COSM preamps, a SERIOUS fx
noise-maker, with ring mod, acoustic emulation, monosynths, an fx loop, and
very cool delay looping -- under 2 sec, of course...more details upon
application)
High-mid (under $2K): Lex MPX-1 (sounds great, fantastic control options,
but
slow to change patches, and underpowered if you like long stereo fx
chains),
TC G-Force (ditto for the MPX pluses but neither of the minuses; the
price-performance leader--and an audio knock-out!)
High End (over $2K)...well, there's nothing in the same class with the
$3500
Eventide GTR4000.