Re: lobbying for upgrades.

>>>So, if Lexicon's JamMan is out of production (more's the pity), then
>maybe a
>>>steady stream of orders for the Echoplex or the Boomerang or other
>loopers
>>>can save those pieces of hardware.
>>>
>>>David Kirkdorffer
>
>This is precisely the sort of language that the relevant powers speak. If
>we want to get continued interest from manufacturers in making loop
>products, they need to see ongoing sales. One way for that to happen is
>for
>us to generally popularize looping, and show others what loopers are and
>why they are fun to use. A very large number of Echoplex sales happen that
>way, because a user convinced his buddy to get one too. Performing with
>them shows people the possibilities.

And the loop music makers as we are talking about a lot on this list will
not be sufficiant
We need to gain one the following public:

- Composers and performers of any kind of style that use loops or samples
to reinforce their performance or help for composing. The problem here is,
that you will hardly notice the influence in the final result, so the user
is not a carrier for propaganda of its own kind, as a loop music freak is.
I my experience the loop music is not effective to call these people
either, because they feel that "loops only serve for new age" or so.
For them we need demonstrations or a video "how to apply loops in rock
music" or so.

- Amateurs that start playing and grab the loop quicker than the instrument
they are using and therefore are happy to be able to create something
musiclike on the loop from the start (some techno rythm for example). These
can be kids, and they rather need a 3 key floor pedal.
When this gets popular we talk about millions of units. It can get popular,
if people like us make a music that amateurs accept as such and recognize
how simple it can be to make it.

Jon Durant, what would you say as an old professional?

Matthias