getting any ideas together before approaching Oberheim...

>  Bear in mind, too, if you just complain a lot and generally behave
>  negatively, they will probably just say its not worth the trouble and
>kill
>  the whole thing. What really needs to happen is the powers that be at
>  Gibson need to be convinced that things like the echoplex are of
>interest
>  and that they should put more effort into support and development.
>  Basically, if you can convince them that there is a large untapped
>market
>  for it, their interest will go up.

I suggest organizing our arguments, ideas, suggestions and general helpful
comments to increase Echoplex sales before sending mail to under-encouraged
Oberheim employees.

I'm guessing we may have market niche ideas Oberheim/Gibson could approach
with the Echoplex.  Normally, you'd hope they already had tried anything we
may come up with, or a Product Manager for the Echoplex has experience.
But
my Market Research background has over and over again shown me grass-roots
generated ideas are often overlooked.  Maybe we can come up with something
they haven't thought of.

Does this seem like a good idea?

Also, to not clutter the e-mail flow on a very unique Echoplex issue, maybe
we should take this off-line somehow.

I would gladly volunteer to receive general ideas and act as "secretary,"
however I'm going to lose e-mail access for a while.

So, any takers?

>  Lots of positive customer feedback and a
>  general increase in inquiries will do that. (Echoplex sales, by the way,
>  took a nice jump just because Mr. Torn mentioned it favorably in Guitar
>  Player.)
>
>  You can try Oberheim, 510-635-9633. You can harass Mike Lyon at Oberheim
>  even more than he already is at mlyon@gibson.com.
>
>  kim

However, positive feedback may be best coming from individuals.  So,
Echoplex
loving gripers, kneel and be counted!

David Kirkdorffer