Re: New/old toys!

Dave said:
>I went to a guitar show in eastern Iowa yesterday and horse-traded a
>couple of *great* pieces.  :}  First, I traded my old Boss Pitch
>Shifter/Delay (my first awful looping device), a fuzz box, and $15 for
>an ADA expression pedal, an ADA quad footswitch, and... a DeltaLabs
>Echotron.

I've seen these in Black Market music in SF, but never tried it. Seems to
me a friend of mine actually knew something about it. If I remember who it
was, I'll ask him....

>The Echotron is just *gorgeous*.  It's an early-80s long
>(250ms-4096ms) delay line, with infinite repeat capability.
>Monophonic (of course), LED tempo flashers on the front panel, sync
>clock output, and a beautiful tone.  No CPU or VLSI anywhere
>inside... it looks like everything is in TTL logic.  The sound
>quality, while not as "pure" as the CD-quality boxes we see these
>days, has a funky, analogish richness that doesn't mangle the guitar's
>dynamics the way the new boxes do (funny how "dynamic range" is such a
>complete crock when real music is involved).  It even overdrives well,
>lots better than my JamMan!  And of course, the delay time knob
>smoothly manipulates the pitch of echoes already in the machine, a
>technique I've much missed with the Lexicon tap-delay stuff.

Sounds like a score! Mind if I lift your text and use it for a little blurb
on the web page? Some day we may manage to get a fairly complete history of
all these funky toys....

If you find any more info on it, let me know and I'll put that up there
too.

kim