Re: Re: Re: Re: Alt controllers

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, mark sottilaro wrote:

> That sounds super cool.  After I do a show the
> comments I get about the performance often are about
> the Alesis AirFX and AirSynth.  Your theramin might be
> bulky, but I think people love to see it for the
> performance aspect of it.
>
> Is there anything like a therimin out there that sends
> MIDI instead of CV?

Big Briar (now Moog Music) used to sell the now-discontinued Ethervox and
Series 91 theremins, which were their high-end models. I believe they all
had a pitch to MIDI conversion module included, and that module was made
by a third party - which I do not remember the name of the maker at this
moment.

I'm sure someone else on this list knows of a theremin-like spatial field
effect controller with MIDI output that doesn't involve waiting two years
on eBay for someone to sell an Ethervox theremin :), but that's the one I
remember offhand. Maybe the Roland D-Beams?

best,
Steve B
Subscape Annex    http://www.subscapeannex.com/