Re: A long time away

Yes there is lots going on.

Rick Walker’s looping festival concept has gone “international” with
various foreign performers who have come to play in Santa Cruz going back
to their homelands and producing many, many more “Y2K” type festivals.

Thes are happening in various places in Europe, Latin America, and Asia
throughout the year now so there is almost always something upcoming every
few months or so.

Some have added to this concept of the Looping Festival the idea of a tour
(a touring festival of sorts). One is going on in Central Mexico almost as
we speak visiting Guadalajara, and several other towns and finishing in
Mexico City.

There is a fellow looper named Noah Peterson, from Texas, who has
organized a loop festival tour for the last few years that begins in
Seattle and continues in various cities down the West coast. In each city
a call is put out for local loopers to join the traveling performers in
that city’s event(s) and/or to join the tour. Noah also organizes similar
tours around the Southwest.

So there is a lot going on, and it is not at all centered on just the Bay
Area any more. It’s gone global.

A lot more of the information for stuff like this is appearing on the
FaceBook version of Loopers Delight, Live Looping, Live Looping Asia, etc.

Welcome back!

Ted