Texas LoopFest Video Index

Greetings Loopers!

The Loopfest season is over and it was a great year.  Here?s the video
index for the 2016 Texas LoopFest.  (www.texasloopfest.com).

We moved the event inside to a smaller venue and live-streamed it.  I hope
some of you got to watch it.  The videos are all posted on youtube and
I?ve been promoting them on facebook.  As always, if you want to skip it
and get right to it ? here?s the whole mess:

Texas LoopFest Collection
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hIvfP2BLcQ&list=PLjiWJF83CBilSNckraSDbOmA7TN1zyoct

This years artists were mostly from Texas and we were lucky to have some
out-of-staters as well as Cian from Mexico.   It?s really tough to pick
out exceptional performers from this year as everyone did a great job.
James Sidlo was sublime with his ambient guitar work.  Butch Ross was
great performing songs with his mountain dulcimer, the duo Momentary
Gamelan Ensemble was fascinating as always, Lost Son is a personal
favorite of mine ? I always enjoy his shows, Derferlow was a unexpected
treat as he whipped out video game controllers half-way through his set
and starting slicing loops like a crazed butcher, Breaking Light was
musically delightful, Daves Device never ceases to impress me with how
hard he works on his sets and considerable improvement from show to show,
The Winkler had some pleasant audio surprises this year, Spookstina
brought performance art to a whole new level, Cian is clearly taking
things to a whole new level,  Troll Foot Frass brought funky fun down from
up North, Arte Sacre Atelier brought the noise, and Xandra Wong was
spectacular.    I hope you can watch something from all of them.    It was
a very special night.

We gave away some great pieces of gear from our sponsors, we had a great
time, and we did had a few technical trip-ups losing most of Cian?s set,
although I did manage to save about 9 minutes of it.

Here?s the index if you want to click and watch.  There?s some great stuff
in there.

James Sidlo ? San Antonio, TX.  Guitar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hIvfP2BLcQ

Butch Ross ? Tennessee. Guitar, Mountain Dulcimer, Vocals, Banjo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoqYUqQluVE&list=PLjiWJF83CBik_Sm_XFgtiHYLZ_FLRhWuk

Momentary Gamelan Ensemble ? Fort Worth,  Texas.  Homemade instruments,
laptop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKLbV6AThck

Lost Son ? Austin, TX. Guitar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWNloqJeQm0

Deferlow ? Austin, TX.  Guitar, Ableton, MAX/MSP, video game controllers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4Vj46Ubudk

Breaking Light ? Burleson, TX.  Guitar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkAazoihU04

Daves Device ? San Antonio, TX. IPADs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOtsJxQTD-g

The Winkler ? Houston, TX. Guitar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGssmSU0MCk&list=PLjiWJF83CBikzzqKXTogm7I82wL7Y4p2G

Spookstina ? Raleigh, North Carolina. Guitar, toys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJnZh_Gw7YM&list=PLjiWJF83CBikpeBY3Yu7IMTIUTdqvqU5D

Cian ? Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico.  Bass, Vocals.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jzpW1m3ZaE

Troll Foot Frass ? North Branch, Minnesota.  Guitar, live painting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeQAn78vP78&list=PLjiWJF83CBinZeoklU6w7GNN_I781QBdn

Arte Sacra Atelier ? San Antonio, TX.  Keys, laptop, bass, guitar, vocals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrkWoPcZkgw&list=PLjiWJF83CBikAShzKHWaCvLW1zRF4Kyzd&index=1

Xandra Wong ? New Orleans, LA.  Keys, resonator banjo, vocals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXE0__X78R4&list=PLjiWJF83CBinXeFtW59ehSmvchLUg6QFH

Huge thanks to our 2016 sponsors!  TC-Helicon, Loopinglive, Morley Pedals,
Pigtronix

I hope to see y?all out and about some time.

Noah
www.texasloopfest.com

Peterson Entertainment, Llc
999 East Basse Road #180-117