Re: Mobius Scripting question...

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 4:10 PM, Robert Craig Thomas
<robert@robertcthomas.com> wrote:
> re: NextLoop + Multiply ... I've discovered that I need to use "Wait
> Loop"
> when I want to use "NextLoop" + "Multiply" in a script...

Yep, "Wait Loop" an underestimated line :-)

> for some reason
> Mobius waits automatically when reading a script "NextLoop" + "Record"

I suppose that reason has to do with the globally set SwitchQuant
setting? If a command typically waits for a SwitchQuant cusp to kick
does so no matter if triggered from a MIDI pedal, an on-screen button
or a script.

BTW, why do you want to throw a Record when arriving into a new loop?
Record also erases the global tempo in case you by mistake give it
when on the master track (the track you created the first loop on)
with only one loop. I personally prefer to set the global pref's for
Time Copy to create a new loop of one cycle's length in Multiply mode.
Then you can just start adding new audio to loop #2 on the track,
safely knowing that the length of the loop will keep multiplying, by
adding one cycle, until you give a Multiply command to set the new
loop length and stop overdubbing.

Oh, I just remembered another thing with Multiply that may be
confusing if your not aware of it: If you go NextLoop and then give a
Multiply command in the lame-duck-period the audio of the first loop
will be copied into the new loop. Can be quite useful.

A good way to get a hang of scripting is to search out forum threads
for the looping maneuvers you are interested in and simply copy
scripts other users have posted on the forum. Then you can make
changes to the scripts and learn on the way.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen