Mobius Scripting question...

I'm new to scripting with Mobius... and although I think I'm not a total idiot, I apparently am tending in that direction at the moment, since I've spent hours reading the mobius docs and "debugging" my simple scripts, but without success...

Question: I want to write a script bound to a single MIDI trigger that will
- end recording in current track
- switch to next track
- start Multiply-recording in the new track
- use the same MIDI trigger to end Multiply in this track

I've tried just using the most simple script (written in Notepad ++ ANSI):

     Nexttrack
     Multiply

...but when I use this it does the following:
    1) goes to the next track
    2) records one cycle
    3) stops recording automatically and switches to play...

In the mobius window it shows (both "multiply" on top of each other):
   multiply
   multiply
[delay]
   multiply/end

It makes no sense that this works this way... what do I not understand?

Thanks in advance,
Bob Thomas

--
Robert C Thomas, Gütersloh, Germany
Handy 0176 504 36157 - Home 05241 307 1777