Re: software looper

Btw please please send me the beta also if u don't mind Philipe :) torbenscharling@gmail.com

On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 9:44 PM, Torben Scharling <torbenscharling@gmail.com> wrote:
I am in the middle of starting my setup from scratch cause el crap refused to log in after the latest update, and I didn't have a recent enough backup (silly me). After scanning the gear slutz I decided to go with 10.9.5 (Mavericks..the one before yosemite). How's mobius on that os x version? Maybe more stable? Also, why don't you set those pre-loaded drum loops up in your DAW, instead of into a hardware device, and switch it around with midi foot controllers `?

On a side note I'm not fond of the look and approach of ableton live (maybe I need to update my brain and start using it though?) cause I'm not finding Reaper stable enough (time will tell if it changes now that I'm doing a serious re-start, checking everything much more thoroughly than before). I dig dig diggg the MainStage ability to keep a midi note going, change sound to another sound/preset/patch without it abruptly changing over to the selected sound/prese... something I don't think most other DAWS can do, still to this day?! Or has that finally been added to ableton live??

I guess if I should ditch my boomerang III + side car it would be if I could setup a software equivalent with the exact same functions (Cause I need/want to be able to individually adjust the loop volumes, and unfortunately Mike from Rang is not helpful with that with his weird design on those endless digital rotary encoders, that one day for sure will be kicked and break, and are impossible to operate with your foot in a live situ..so we/I have to come up with a DIY solution ourselves, and perhaps the only solution is to drop using hardware loopers/boomerang. Luckily I just received two really nice silent click 12 and 4 button usb midi controller pedals with individual light indicators, and I'm gonna try to setup those to work as the ultimate loopers, if I don't get a handle on those pesky encoders on the rang. Some people have mentioned buying 4 Third hand pedals to adjust them, but that would be a much heavier, and big pedal board, than what I had in mind, which was to have 4 EV-5's doing the volume changing of those 4 loops, and that's not technically possible.)