Re: Foot Controllers.

Cool idea, Torben! For a software looper that supports QWERTY key
commands a simple a dirt cheap foot controller is just a basic USB
computer keyboard where you take off some of the keys and glue
table-tennis balls on some keys. A very portable, replaceable and
totally silent solution - just a bit less sturdy than the Gordius
pedal and not as flashy as the KMM :-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 5:07 PM, Torben Scharling
<torbenscharling@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> thus the latency doesn’t have to do with anything other than that (which
> is
> pro gamer level instant fast) and then your round trip latency obviously
> audio wise should be set as low as possible, then I think it should be as
> good as hardware…U guys have more experience with this, and or know
> devices
> that for sure don’t introduce latency? I would have never bothered with
> all
> this, but since I’m thinking of building my own usb midi pedal stomp box
> I’d
> wanna know more about this. Personal experience with the Novation Remote
> and
> Novation Remote SL Mk1, I was not happy with the delay before the
> software
> responded to hitting the faders and knobs…
>
> On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 3:48 AM, Josh Elliott <jrelliott500@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Yes that makes alot of sense. I suppose if there is any latency in my
>> hardware rig..I've grown used to it after 2 years. My Pog octave
>> pedal(for
>> bass lines) has bad latency..but I adjust to it. It bugs me though. But
>> want to use live like a hardware pedal..running acoustic instruments and
>> voice through it. I have it working but can't figure out how to map
>> undo to
>> a controller...so no room for mistakes.
>>
>> On Dec 8, 2015 8:41 PM, "Sylvain Poitras" <sylvain.trombone@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Every instrument has latency. For guitarist, the sound is coming from
>>> somewhere onstage and the latency from the moment they play a note to
>>> the
>>> moment they hear the note can be quite long, depending on their setup.
>>> Guitarist learn to deal with this. I never could get used to that... I
>>> play
>>> trombone and I'm accustomed to hearing my notes in my head through bone
>>> conduction very slightly before I hear them with my ears.
>>>
>>> That doesn't mean I don't deal with latency issues... Low notes take
>>> longer to start than high notes (ask your physics teacher). When I
>>> play very
>>> low notes, I have to think to start the note before its time to make
>>> sure
>>> the long slow moving waves sync with the trumpets' high notes. Through
>>> practice, I've internalized that and my low notes are in time, even if
>>> start them sooner than my ears tell me they should start.
>>>
>>> There's latency inherent to playing with a group of musicians. I've
>>> played a lot of big band music with 24+ musicians. The size of the
>>> bandstand
>>> can hinder a group playing tight, unless you're listening for it and
>>> can
>>> adjust your playing. This is (partly) why large orchestras have
>>> conductors.
>>> The musicians sync to a visual cue, not what they hear, they could not
>>> otherwise. Again, they might start a note before the time that their