Re: Software looping

You can set how clips will generally behave in the preferences (tab:
"Record, Warp, Lunch") and also, for specific clips, in the Launch box
down to the left (click the tiny "L" inside the yellow circle to open
it up).

A trick many use for live looping in Live is this two step method:

1. MIDI learn - assign - a MIDI event to some module to perform an
action (like for example a clip to stop playback or a looper to go
Reverse....)

2. Then create "dummy" clips, MIDI clips on a MIDI channel, and fill
those "controller clips" with the MIDI event to be sent to the plugin
that is to be triggered to perform the corresponding action.

This way you can simply trigger one of those controller clips, rather
than kick a pedal assigned directly to the plugin function. The good
things are that there are many ways to trigger clips, so you are not
limited that much. The simplest setup would be to have just one pedal
that does "Trigger Next Clip" on a quick stomp and "Trigger Previous
Clip" on a "Hold Pedal Switch Down". You may also keep alternative
columns in Live of these Control Dummy MIDI Clips; one for each song;
where you order the commands like they are to be triggered while you
perform that song.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com