Re: Mobius controlling Bidule via MIDI

Very interesting! Thank you for reporting back! Got some questions to
be answered before I understand it:

1. So Seb suggested that script for Mobius? ("MidiOut noteon 3 64 127)
2. "Using the VST", guessing you are using the Mobius VST? Hosted in
Bidule standalone? Right?
3. And you had to open the Mobius preferences and there select one of
the Bidule MIDI ports?
4. And finally open up that port in your Bidule layout to receive the
MIDI note and cable it somewhere...

It all makes sense and is very interesting because by assigning MIDI
notes to be sent into Bidule on the same foot switches you are using
for other looping commands you can add up a lot of fun stuff to happen
simultaneously.

Great that we still have Bidule that works so well with 32 bit plugins
on a modern 64 bit OS. Over here I'm learning Bitwig now and the cool
thing with that DAW is that it is performance oriented and supports
both 64 bit and 32 bit plugins on a 64 bit system. And plugins are
being run inside "sand boxes", meaning that if one plugin crashes it
doesn't crash the host. You just have to reload that plugin instance
and keep on. Downside with Bitwig is that it doesn't follow a MIDI
Clock tempo sync signal, so I can not run the Mobius VST as the tempo
sync master - being forced to run Mobius following the host's tempo
instead. Thus losing out on "flashy looping kick-offs" (that you can
do with Mobius as the master) but gaining on the Unified Modulation
System of Bitwig. Almost anything can be set to modulate anything, and
this includes both software instruments, note MIDI effects and audio
effects (like Mobius). So, for an example, you can have an audio
signal's amplitude set to modulate several software parameters in any
kind of scaling. It's like a dream finally coming true.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen