From: Matthias Grob [mailto:matilists@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2015 11:07 AM
To: Loop List
Subject: Re: Citations needed for Wikipedia

wow, finally the EDP comes back to wikipedia?
last week I had to clean out a pile of faxes and scanned the communication
with Gibson/Oberheim between 1993 and 1996, maybe those prove something?

> On 150203, at 07:01 , andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>

> I think it's much more of a game than you'd imagine.
>
> If citatations are done in the Wikipedia format (links to a list at
> the bottom of the page), and are placed into the test at least as if
> they support each point being made you might get away with it.
>
> Really what they ask for is "secondary quotes". (quoted twice) i.e. if
> an academic paper  magazine quoted what Matthias said to a magazine.
> 2 levels of quoting.
>

> It's more likely that the way your quoting looks is going to be
> scrutinised, but not so much the content.
>

> Anyway,some sources:-
>
> maybe the manual can be cited to prove involvement of Gibson?
>
> http://www.gibson.com/files/amps/EchoplexPlusManual12.pdf
>

> An independent version of the history is here:
>
> "The original Oberheim Exhoplex was initially released in 1994. Later, in
2001 it was relabeled the Gibson Echoplex after Gibson took over Oberheim.
Then it was reissued in 2003 in a slightly upgraded form as the Gibson
Echoplex Digital Pro Plus (pictured above in black)."

> http://www.vintagesynth.com/oberheim/echoplex.php
>

> andy butler
>

> On 02/02/2015 20:04, Clifford Novey wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I edited the page in 2010 (quoted at bottom) and it has since been
removed by a user stating it did not have citations. I am ot sure how I
would get citations for the whole Paradis to Oberhiem to Gibson story. Any
help appreciated. I prefer direct email to this list.

>> I hope everyone is well and I still loop!
>>
>> Clifford
>> cnovey@gmail dot cm
>> or clifford@cliffordnovey d o t c m
>>
>> current Wiki page- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echoplex
>>
>> removed section:
>>

>>  "The Echoplex Digital Pro
>>
>> Gibson, after buying the Echoplex brand later (ca 1993) licensed the
>> hardware and software of the Paradis Loop Delay originally created by
Matthias Grob <http://matthias.grob.org/pMusEng/loopdev.htm> and his team
at
Aurisis Research <http://www.aurisis.com/aboutus.htm>. It was branded the
Oberheim Echoplex Digital Pro (Oberheim was a division of Gibson at the
time)and a later revision was branded the Gibson Echoplex Digital Pro Plus
and contained a major software upgrade called LoopIV developed and still
sold as of this writing by Aurisis Research
<http://www.aurisis.com/loopiv.htm>. The "EDP" as it would be called was a
major development and innovation in the technique of audio looping (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_loop) and still has an eclectic
following
of users also known as "loopers". The EDP is an all digital device and
though retaining the Echoplex name does not retain any of the electro
mechanical design of the original, ie. the analog tape loop. The website
and
looper resource Looper's Delight <http://www.loopers-delight.com/loop.html>
was created by the EDP co-developer Kim Flint and still hosts an active
email list. (Information for this section was gathered from the web pages
linked in this section and from emails exchanged with Matthias Grob. See
also http://www.loopers-delight.com/tools/echoplex/OBechoplexhistory.html
for a brief history written by Matthias Grob.)"