Re: guitarists: triple play?

Good points, everyone!

Musicians with experience from playing live can handle latency quite
well. On a big stage there is always a lot of acoustic latency from
the ensemble player's instruments/amps that can confuse your playing
since it is not synced to what your close stage monitor gives you from
the closely placed PA microphones. Another good example is symphonic
orchestra french horn players that often play their hors targeted
backwards so the sound is to bounce off the rear walls before reaching
the audience out there; these guys always have to play a lot "more
ahead of the beat than usual" :-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com