guitarists: triple play?

Hi to all

Maybe we can elaborate..
Andy's assumptions are based on the fact the Axon processing of the signal
has already peaked near the physical barrier (or so to say, adds no time
lag to the response).

This is probably a bit far fetched, and there is probably a lot of room
for algorithm improvement, not even to mention alternative means.
I have owned and still use a Roland GR50, a Yamaha G50 ( a rebadged  Axon
NGC 77) and an Axon AX100Mk2.

Provided I use the internal sounds, the old GR50 yields better results
than the latters on tapping, hammer-on and pull-off techniques.
My guess was always that it used internally pitch to voltage tech while
using pitch to midi for the midi out hence explaining why the built in
sound did not match the midi out at the same time (I checked).

If the Axon AX100MkII provides pick position recognition, it doesn't track
any better nor quicker than its rebadged grand father Yamaha G50. The G50
even provides functions not available on the latter like octave
transposing switches using S1/s2 switches.

There is probably room for improvement. We now find software that can
extract poly note information from a guitar output without any divided
pick up. It even runs on an iPad.
Gareth here proposed at a time some very interesting software projects.

The question is more : this old race of guitar to midi or to synth can
sustain innovation with this niche market.

Regards

Olivier